New Faces Development Center - Don't fall for the hype!!!

Apr 10, 2012
review #311074

This company is a complete ripoff and on top of that currently the owner of this company opened a new company in Long Island City called PHAZE2, it is the exact same thing just new and improved scamming.

I went there and was promised the world for my son with imta (which is another scam). After paying $3000 for pictures and exposure, I went home to do research and found out the following.

The owner here is Laura Randell and Vanessa Muniz both formerly of New Faces and James Muniz is the owner of New Faces.

AGAIN I warn you PHAZE2, New Faces are both scams.

94d2556
Had an experience with New Faces Development Center?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Phaze 2 Phaze 3 Social NewYork

Mar 09

basically their new company is named social new york
run by laura and this guy named derek
his kids won IMTA are basically famous now
the kids got a group called 212green
the second girl is a big time model
and the rest sing with the band you would think they would be helpful right? NO unless you personally know the family you aint getting no help except being gassed up and be played later

Apr 06 New York City, New York

I was contacted by Social and I was given the contract and everything. I want to hear more about your story. Were you a model with them? I'm just trying to see what i'm getting myself into.

Jun 28 New York, New York

Hi! I was also contacted by social-New York. What was your experience is it a scam? Thanks so much

jimmy

Sep 21, 2013

james muniz and deirdre his girlfriend and assistant and his dummy rented a house off me .i made the mistake of not having my realtor do a good job on backround .he started with excuse after excuse with bad checks and more bs .damaged house and no respect for anyone .i feel bad for all his victims.result i had to pay to get the rejects evicted.same day mercedes benz took his car .he even screw the local pizza store and gas station.the day the sheriff came he had to walk out of house with a torn suitcase and no shame .a taxi was called muniz didnot even have cab fare a joke .like a bad movie .i gave cab driver a tip because he was going to be next victim to get screwed.but told cab driver to bring the rejects as far as he could.and it was a cold winter morning 'but a great relief to see that cab go.

Dumbo to your rescue - Save yo

Mar 03, 2013 New York, New York

IT IS A SCAM AND THEY CONTINUE TO ASK FOR MORE MONEY!
They basically called my child and I into the office and we met with someone who said he was the CEO of the company - but for the 5 times I had been their, he wore the same shirt 3 times. He tried to sell me a package for $2300 and told me it would include acting classes, modeling coaching, an online directory of photos, etc. and and number of changes.

They came down on the package. Needless to say, my child did the photo shoot and they said it takes 4 - 6 weeks for the photos to be photo shoped and placed online (this should not be the case for anyone doing this in-house as most legit agencies will not take nearly have that amount of time - they are stalling to continue working you). When we returnd to the office to view the photos - I was told my child is up for a job for a designer/line in which could not be verified and they were just discussing compensation, etc. Pictures/website they promised is still not up and pictures are not photo shoped, but my child has an upcoming job. All this just before I met Laura who told me my child was selected for IMTA and told me it would cost $7k for the competition and all the workshops, etc.
The good thing for me is that met up with an old classmate that has been in the industry in the UK and he's back in the states shaping both his and his daughter's career. He told me how to go about marketing my child and setting up my own website, etc. I
... Show more

Tony.

Dec 14, 2012

Stay away from them. I read most of the posts, and are the same *** I was told about Macy's. IT'S A SCAM. I'm paying dearly. I tried disputing it with the credit card company to no avail. Don't fall for their ***.

Feb 01, 2013 Fort Myer, Virginia

It's only to get your kids pictures done!!! People
Don't understand yes it's a scam yes they are
*** artists. But you pay for pictures!! They are
Not a modeling agency. Do your research people
I would never use them again but I did have my kids
Pics taken $1700.0 but I took the pictures and sent them
Out to 100 agencies and now my son as a contract
They are scam artist again I repeat. But they are
Only to take pics!!!

Mommyc

Nov 30, 2012

They are now in LI city. The guy called me last night promising to send me an email. But I think he got scared because I told him that I went to another place and they charged $ for photos.

Tsering

Nov 28, 2012

Any idea where they are currently scamming from? They moved out of 272 Duffy Ave. Please contact me any one knows their new location. I need the new address so that the court can serve them the summon.
Thanks
Tsering

Michelle

Oct 21, 2012

Hey, i was scouted last friday in a mall(Phaze2)in NY and it was very professional, i think they aren't scam, cause its your choise to pay for photos and that things. they are a good start for models like me.

Tiffany

Aug 10, 2012

I an appointment today for this phaze2 today and I really don't want to go anymore :?

0 0 Reply
susan from central islip june

Jul 22, 2012

New faces is a scam they dnt get u the contact u want and phaze2 got me what i needed dont fall For nw faces

Notgoingdown1

Jun 19, 2012

My close friend and her mother were approached by a "scout" of NEW FACES (IN HICKSVILLE, LI) at the Queens Center Mall a few months ago. I was appalled to hear that this company charged 700 plus dollars for pictures to be taken of her at their office. Then they charged $45 for the CD of the pictures. Then they talked her mother into signing a vauge contract--and she is not from this country and did fully understand that you have ONLY 3 DAYS to cancel it and only through certified
mail and some other tricky way--instead of giving a simple refund in 30-60 days.

This company then called her and offered a second contract and asked for more
money to UPGRADE for 4 more years. This cost over $1000 dollars. Then they
called her about a job for MACY'S saying she was selected out of all the other kids.

The job was then cancelled and she never worked ONE SINGLE DAY--This is the list of excuses: " MACY'S has changed the date of the shoot (May 27)", "The Director/Manager '''JAMES" was not available", "James is in the hospital", "Oh themoved company and he's not around". --Wait, how does the company moving have anything to do with him being available??? NEW FACES ARE STRAIGHT UP FILTHY SCAMMERS!!

Anyone who has dealt with or who is thinking of doing so MUST STOP NOW! Do not
trust anything they say---even TYRA BANKS knows that a true agency will not ask for
thousands of dollars without any work ever
... Show more

Lorne

Jun 04, 2012

We are in the middle of working with them, we took pictures last week and are going back to view them. First off, if they were ***-artists, wouldn't they have been shut down by now. Also to protect our investment, we paid with our credit card. Therefore, if we end up getting scammed, we will simply dispute the charge with the bank. If you are skeptical about something, at least pay with a credit card.

industy insider

Jun 02, 2012

The owners of this highly hyped amateur photo studio are Vanessa Minis, and Laura Randall. Vanessa ran the SAME type of business in Hicksville as New Faces, she also co-owned Industry Models in NJ. And tried the SAME type of business in CT!. Vanessa was married to James Minis. She had a lavish wedding that was paid for by the suckers that fell for her scam. She bought a big expensive house in old brookville on LI, because of all the bad press her company (new faces) got, she signed over the business to her husband (a convicted drug dealer) James was caught cheating on her by one of new faces employees (gee I wonder why) they got divorced. And james kept new faces, thus screwing his now ex wife out of screwing the public! Now she had to maintain her lavish lifestyle, show she turned to the only thing she know how to do, rip off the public with taking expensive pictures by amateur photographers. Do yourself a favor, stay away from this place and New Faces, they are the SAME business!!! Don't say you have not been warned.

Jayne K

May 07, 2012

Their services are a SCAM! They lie and make false representations to how mcuh money a we could make. Its called mail fraud! and using children to do it across state lines; is interstate commerce fraud!

stacy l

May 04, 2012

Phaze 2 is a total Scam Sc am

Rona

Jan 16, 2013 New York City, New York

Yes, Phaze 2 is a scam. I found them lying on every angle. Not telling consumer that there will be another charge after taking your pictures is a hook to keep you patronizing them. If you use your credit card, you have a chance to get your money back.

1-20 of 25 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about New Faces Development Center.
Filing a new complaint about
×